Friday, March 23, 2007

The Luck of the Buckeyes.

After watching the score of the Tennessee-Ohio State game for most of the evening at work (gee, thanks, CBS, UCLA is up by a ton and you decide to stay on the game instead of switching over), and it's something about the Vols being up by 20+, 17 at the half, and OSU comes back and wins the game by one point (which I was actually able to watch).

What kind of deal did Thad Matta make with the devil at the crossroads before the tournament began? Did he go to the river Styx and send a message to Hades that he would be his as soon as the national championship trophy was in his arms? Did he hand his soul over before the Big Ten tournament, or was it before the season even started? Or did he have to do it to get Greg Oden and Mike Conley, Jr. in the first place? Regardless, something or someone is looking out for OSU. They should have lost this game, just like they should have lost the game before.

(No, I don't want to talk about the Texas A&M game. I'm just going to forget that I ever picked them. You hear me? IT NEVER HAPPENED. I'll just be rooting for all the Pac-10 teams to get into the Final Four now.)

No comments: