Monday, January 22, 2007

that's what I get for taking a nap.

I swear when I crashed out on the couch for my customary late-afternoon, early-evening Sunday nap, it was 21-6 and the Patriots had that game in hand. By now, you know what has happened, and we can no longer tag Peyton Manning with the choker label for at least a couple of weeks (depending on whether he completely shits himself against a Bears defense that looked absolutely vicious in the second half.)

After Asante Samuel picked him for six and we saw the second instance of Manning Face in the first half, I figured it was done and I could nap for a couple hours and not miss much. I wake up in the middle of SportsCenter and they're mumbling something about the Colts winning. It felt like a parallel universe of sorts.

I'm not making a pick for the Super Bowl yet. I don't know what to make of either of these teams right now, and my track record has been less than stellar this playoff season.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No team, in history, and I am counting Georgia Tech vs. Cumberland, had a game in hand during the first half. If you can score 200 points in 30 minutes, then logically, so can the other team. It's been less than 24 hours, and I'm already sick of the "greatest comeback in conference championship history" shit. At best, you can call it a 15-point swing with "only" 29:59 left in the game after the second-half kickoff, which is two godsdamned touchdowns.

One More Dying Quail said...

It might not have been the greatest comeback ever, but it was pretty damn impressive.

The Colts were all but dead - did you see the look on Manning's face with about eight minutes to go in the second quarter? - and they fought back.

Signal to Noise said...

George - the whole "best comeback EVAR" thing is a bit much; I agree.

OMDQ - it was classic Manning Face after the Samuel pick six, which is about the time I thought I could sleep safely.