Tuesday, January 09, 2007

a plea to the head FUPA in charge.

Rarely do I get a convergence of topics as lovely as this one -- apparently former Stone Temple Pilots/current Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland is a big Notre Dame fan, and has issued a plea to coach Charlie Weis to continue coaching his Papist insurgency (thank you, Deadspin), and resisting the wiles and temptations of the Big Apple (well, really, New Jersey, and doesn't that make the decision easier?) Here's a clip:

""Okay Charlie, at this point I am going to assume that you haven't spoken to the Giants' organization about their 'potential coaching job.' But LEAVING NOTRE DAME, your alma mater, without having achieved really anything of monolithic proportions like you've promised us, is absurd and unfair. So at this point, I will get on my knees and beg. Don't do it, coach. Don't do it! Stay and do what you promised; your team, your school, the fans, the legacy deserves to be taken to the promised land."

Um, Scott, about being absurd and unfair with loyalty? I think the DeLeo brothers might want to have a couple more words with you about that. Anyway, I think you have a shot at keeping Weis, but you've got to keep him alive first -- I hear heroin suppresses the appetite.

No comments: