Saturday, October 07, 2006

sign of maturity #1.

There are musical acts that appear on the covers of national magazines you subscribe to that you have never heard of before and, after reading said article, don't care to ever download a tune from. All I need to know about Panic! at the Disco are two things:

1. misplaced punctuation in band name: emo :: mispellings in band name : nu-metal
2. the bassist from Fall Out Boy signed them to his vanity label.

I happen to be a sucker for a couple of Fall Out Boy songs (shoot me now), but that doesn't imply that the band members have good taste in music.

The Hold Steady article in the same mag is worth reading, though -- now there's a bar band in the best sense of the word, and I wish I could see them again when they roll through L.A., but now that's a three hour trip for a concert.

No comments: